For Thanksgiving, I thought I'd put into words all I'm grateful for this year. Ok, maybe not all, but as much as I can think of off the top of my head while the pumpkin pie is cooking and Picke's comforter is in the laundry.
1. That I have a nice, safe home in which to cook and do laundry.
2. That I have three beautiful, smart, mischievous and loving children.
3. That I have a husband who loves me and puts up with my mood swings.
4. That I haven't been the victim of a natural disaster (or any other kind of disaster).
5. That I live in America where I can bitch about things without fear of retribution for anyone other than judgmental moonbats or over the top wingnuts.
6. That I still have my parents.
7. That I am able to stay home with my children and work from home.
8. That I discovered Firefly and Serenity.
9. Dallas Cowboys every Thanksgiving.
10. For my college education provided by my parents (no student loans to repay, Thank God!)
11. For all of my good friends.
12. For a teacher who cares about my son and has made a difference in his life.
13. That even though my hair is going gray and has lost the luster it had in my youth, that I still have it (I saw a gal at Wal Mart Monday in a bandanna, obviously from chemo hair loss).
14. For my health.
15. Health of my children and family.
16. Tom Hanks
17. Internal combustion engines.
18. Shopping carts
20. Hot water
21. Victoria's Secret Body By Victora Full Coverage bras
22. Baylor's Lady Bears NCAA basketball national championship
23. NHL, NFL, MLB atheletes and their pregame stretching
24. Digial cameras
25. An ex who pays me child support willingly
26. My washer and dryer
27. That the housekeeper is coming on Friday
28. AOD's hairy chest
29. My panniculectomy
30. Warm baths
31. Sloppy wet kid kisses
32. Waking up to skinny kid legs kicking me in the middle of the night
33. Cell phones, computer and the Internet
34. Karl Urban, Adam Baldwin and other sexy celebrities
35. TBS' A Christmas Story Dec. 24 marathon
37. Lewis and Clark
38. The way my head fits in the crook of AoD's neck
39. All the blessings that I cant' think of right now!!!
40. My blog!
Say your prayers today and thank God that we live in America!!! God Bless each of you.