Army of Mom

So this is how liberty dies ... with thunderous applause.


Happy Feet

During Spring Break, I managed to persuade the spousal unit to take a day off from work to accompany Hot Rod and I for a tour of the Fox 4 studios and a meeting with meteorologist Maria Sotolongo. Since I have the weather buff son, it seemed like the perfect excursion. Then, I realized we were right across the street from the Dallas World Aquarium and having a son who loves penguins as much as I do, it was the best way to follow up the TV station visit.
So, we ambled on over and checked out all kinds of critters before we were able to go see the penguins and watch their feeding.
They are the cutest little things I've ever seen (even if they are a bit smelly - I suppose they're like men and children in that respect!). They were gorgeous even though they're molting right now. These are black-footed penguins.
These are little blue penguins, AKA fairy penguins. They are the cutest damn things I think I've ever seen. They only weigh about two pounds and are about 16 inches tall. I thought Hot Rod's face would split open from all the smiling he did that day. The news station pictures will get posted eventually. I highly recommend the Dallas World Aquarium. It is pricey, but we had a great time. It is an entire day's worth of adventures.


  • At 11:59 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sad part is the lousy view that the penguins have compared to the view that their natural environment would have. You would think that the museum would put up environmental photos around the habitat.
    But, then again, our turtle loves to watch me and the computer screen. Kinda worries me sometimes. Dion

  • At 8:02 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were right across from where I work. Missed Ya!!

  • At 5:21 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger El Capitan said…

    One of the last things I did before leaving Dallas was to visit the DWA. The penguins were kind of stinky...

    I must have sat and watched the manatee for 45 minutes. They only had one manatee at the time, and it would occasionally forget there was a glass wall, and smoosh his poor snoot up against it.


Post a Comment

<< Home